Monday, January 20, 2020

February - We are going to be having an Electronics Free Month!!

Starting in February we will have a electronics free month. Our kids need it, mom and dad need it.
I will continue to take pictures and will update when we get back from our electronics free time.
I can hardly wait!!
When we are finished with our month, we will evaluate if we will go back to tv or do without. We will certainly be doing a no tv during school week one way or another.
I want to leave a lot of time for the kids to have time to discover things on their own but I also want to make sure I don't leave too much time so they start getting into things.
Some things on the line up for February include our 18 year olds will be going to a type of prom dance called Night To Shine for kids 14+ with special needs. This is their first year and they are super excited. We already have their dresses and I can hardly wait to see them with their hair and dress on and all dressed up! Another super exciting thing is our 23 year old daughter is expecting her first baby and we will be finding out the gender in February!
We will also do other activities during the month such as baking, building forts out of sheets, playing board games, playing card games, making more sensory bins up, and much more!
We hope to be able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors but that will depend on the weather.  We try to do this at least once per year. It is very easy in the summer when we can spend all day playing outside, but it is much harder in the winter. Hopefully we will get more days without super cold temperatures or snow/rain and can enjoy playing outside but if not we will have a plan for things we can do instead.


I feel like kids today spend too much time on electronics. When I was growing up we did not have a computer until I was about 12. I watched a few things on tv but for the most part I playing as a kid when I was not at school. I wasn't stuck on a computer, a phone, or gaming stations. Instead I played with my toys, used my imagination, and loved coming up with creative things to make for my barbie dolls. 
With our kids we also notice our kids just do better without electronics, even if they do not agree.
Wish us luck!!































































No comments:

Post a Comment