Friday, July 17, 2020

Homeschooling starting soon

We will be opening up our new classroom and starting homeschooling in August!!
We will be trying a new curriculum this year, MasterBooks. We will also be continuing to use So Happy To Learn. We will be a review of Masterbooks after we have used it a few months. 
I love how it is coming together. We have a cute little clock that we made flower pedals that show the  minutes so the kids can learn how to tell time. I did update the letters because I was missing some from last year. I posted an updated picture below of the alphabet letters.

We have several drawers of things I pull out when needed. These are put away so we do not have big messes but also so we can make sure we don't lose pieces for when we need them. Also by not having them out all the time I can have a less cluttered classroom and the kids will be excited when they see something they have not seen for a while. 

These are my teacher reading books. These are the books that we will read when we are doing our curriculum. I want to make sure we have them when we need them. Once we have used them they will join the book shelf that the kids can pull from anytime they want, but for now, they are stored here. 

My husband made this cute little caddy for the classroom so we could store some often used supplies
We will be learning about birds so we have a bunch of different levels for all the kids to be able to enjoy. Bird identification cards that they can match to bird figures, a book that makes the sounds several different birds make, how to draw birds book, a bird coloring book, and a puzzle with bird facts under each picture.
Our math shelf
money, unifix cubes, Math-U-See blocks, counting bears,  dice, and sand paper numbers.

We also have these wonderful numbers for the wall that we found on teachers pay teachers! It shows how it would look on a dice, ten frame, what money would make that number, math problems for the number, and tally marks!
We LOVE the letters well because we have kids who are doing cursive and kids who are doing print, this works out perfectly for both. Also found on Teachers Pay Teachers. I love these way more than the ones we had before. Some of the things I like about it, is that they show the letters on a lined paper so it acts as a guild to show you where you should start, stop, curve your letters in regards to a center dotted line. I also love that the pictures are real not cartoon style. 
Our white board is a very important part of our homeschool classroom. I end up writing on it all the time.


In the past we have had fancy pocket calendars but I decided with the kids getting older we would stick to a regular calendar 

The kid shelves are things they can look at, explore, read, activities to do, when they finish their work. One of the book shelves holds early readers, while the other shelf holds chapter books.
This is where I keep all our records. It is in a closet so I can just close the doors and it is out of the view of the kids. I keep all their folders in here, I keep flash cards, our Equipping Minds material, workbooks, binders filled with all different kinds of things from math, phonics, reading, geography, art, and much more

'I hope you have enjoyed our little tour of our classroom. It isn't super fancy, but we like it. 
We hope you did too and it has inspired you to create your own little space too.

No comments:

Post a Comment