Saturday, March 17, 2012

Faith

I had it set in my mind that this post would be about why I believe in God and how important he is in my life.
So I started writing, and found that no matter how much I wrote, I could never find enough words to express how I feel. Maybe part of that is because my faith grows stronger each day, my relationship with God grows every day.
It is like when you take a soda bottle that is full, and you shake it... when you try to take off the cap it rushes to the top ready to jump out. That is kind of (but not really) what it is like. Or maybe it is like a geyser?
So, I thought maybe I would just share my journey of faith statement with you. But again, there never seemed to be enough words.
I wish I could describe how important, meaningful, special, fulfilling it is to have a relationship with God but I cannot. It is something you just have to experience for yourself.
So instead, I will leave you with words of my role model...


“It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.”
Mother Teresa
“We must know that we have been created for greater things, not just to be a number in the world, not just to go for diplomas and degrees, this work and that work. We have been created in order to love and to be loved.”
Mother Teresa
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment