Monday, April 30, 2012

Another Letter to Our Angels


Your Homecoming Outfits... We can hardly wait to see you in them!


Dear Sydney and Lucien,
This last weekend was wonderful. On Saturday, I got together with one of my friends, Annie, and my new friend Adria. We had such an amazing time passing out information for Reece's Rainbow and telling people about other children who need families. Hopefully those little ones will have their family find them too, just like we found out.
Your big sister was in a musical at church on Sunday and it was so wonderful just to watch it. Of course many of the kids forgot their lines or words to the song, but my heart was so proud of her. I thought of years from now when you will be able to be in the church musical and how wonderful you will be!
On of the ladies at church has a little boy with CP so we were able to get together and talk a little bit about who they use for PT. We do not want to waste a single moment, you have already lost so much PT time. What is PT you ask? Well, PT is physical therapy. Sometimes you will have a lot of fun with it, and other times you might really want to be doing anything but PT. But trust me when I say it will all be worth it. It will help you develop your muscles so you can sit up, crawl, and even walk. We will also work on OT... that will help you with your speech. We can make lots of silly faces at each other  and silly noises, you will love being able to chew on things, and we will hard on chewing before we swallow. I know you will be great at it!
One thing I want you to learn, almost more than anything, is to never give up, never accept that you can not do something. We believe in both of you, we will always be here for you. Some things you might find very easy, some things you might find very hard. No matter what, we will love you, and always be there for you!
I hate to break it to you, and we will do our best to control ourselves, but we hope you enjoy being loved on... because my angels, are are a very lovie family. We love giving hugs and kisses and cuddles and snuggles, especially to ones as little and  adorable as you.
So you wonder what it will be like when you get home? Well, our puppy is a chocolate lab who needs to be walked at least twice a day, so we will take a couple of stroller rides every day. Once you are sitting up well enough we can walk down to the local park and you can ride in the swings. I wonder if you will be like me and love that little tickle of butterflies in your tummy or if you will be more like your oldest sister and get motion sick.
We can play in the yard and let you feel the grass between your toes, and once you get a bit bigger I will find you a little slide and climbing toy for the yard as well. We have two miniature apple trees in the yard, a plum tree, and I am planting a vegetable garden so there will be lots of fresh foods to eat.
We believe in eating at the table as a family and saying prayers and that will include you as well. I have found some local playgroups that meets twice a month for other families with children who have down syndrome just like you. We have several little toys for the bathtub and after you have had your dinner at night we can get a nice bath and then into your pajamas, brush your little teeth when you get them in, and then we will sit together in the rocking chair and read some nice stories. I love books and I hope you will too. Then it will be time to settle down, and I will hold you in my arms, sing you sweet lullabies, and then put you in your cribs to sleep.
Sweet little ones... we are counting the days until we fly to see you for the first times... we can hardly wait to hold you and share our love with you. Sending you love and kisses my sweet ones!! Mommy and Daddy love you!
*hugs*
Love
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment